Digital Horizons-Silicon South
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by Digital Horizon-Silicon South via our Website:
2.1 Your name;
2.2 Your date of birth;
2.3 Your gender;
2.4 Your job title;
2.5 Your profession;
2.6 Your education and/or educational establishment (where applicable);
2.7 Whether You have free school meals and are “Pupil Premium” funded (where applicable);
2.8 Your contact information such as email addresses and telephone/mobile numbers;
2.9 Your demographic information such as preferences and interests;
2.10 Your geographic information such as business address and post code (where applicable);
2.11 Your IP address (automatically collected);
2.12 Your web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.13 Your operating system (automatically collected);
2.14 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, Your activity on this Website, and the website You exit to (automatically collected); and
2.15 Your Cookie information (see clause 9 below).
3. Our Use of Data
3.1 Any personal Data You submit will be retained by Digital Horizon-Silicon South for as long as You use the Services and Systems provided on the Website. Data that You may submit through any communications System that Digital Horizon-Silicon South may provide may be retained period of up to twelve (12) months after collection or as reasonably necessary.
3.3 Digital Horizon-Silicon South adheres to the following working principles:
- access to Data for Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s third party clients’ are restricted to the relevant Digital Horizon-Silicon South staff members.
- any Data disclosed to third party clients is anonymous and You cannot be identified by it.
- hard drives on laptops which are taken off Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s premises are encrypted which ensures information is inaccessible to others should the laptop be lost or stolen.
- in Digital Horizon-Silicon South and Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s clients’ interests, auditing software is installed on all Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s servers that tracks which documents have been sent, forwarded, printed, copied, deleted, or downloaded to memory sticks, laptops, and PC’s (from any Digital Horizon-Silicon South machine). In addition, Mimecast monitors our email traffic.
- all hard copies of Data and confidential documents are kept securely under lock and key.
3.4 Digital Horizon-Silicon South has been registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and adheres to the following principles:
- All relevant members of Digital Horizon-Silicon South have received training in how to handle Data. This includes ensuring they are aware of the importance of handling Data safely and securely, and understanding the Digital Horizon-Silicon South procedures in place to ensure this happens.
- When collecting Data for third party clients all Data is anonymised.
- Once every year Digital Horizon-Silicon South will evaluate its database and securely delete any contacts no longer engaged or any Data no longer needed by Digital Horizon-Silicon South. If You choose to opt out Digital Horizon-Silicon South will securely delete Your Data immediately.
- We have measures in place to keep the personal Data we hold safe and secure.
- All personal information is stored in a secure cloud drive (Drop Box) to which access is only granted to current Digital Horizon-Silicon South delivery team members. Where data is downloaded to be updated, and as a backup to the cloud, it is only stored on personal drives, only accessible via individual log on.
- Digital Horizon-Silicon South is the Data Processor and the Data Controller can be contacted via email [email protected]
- The Data Controller acknowledges possible recipients of Your Data include; Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s employees, agents, consultants, third parties and data processors.
3.5 Any or all of the above Data may be required by Digital Horizon-Silicon South from time to time in order to provide You with the best possible service and experience when using Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s Website. Specifically, Data may be used by Digital Horizon-Silicon South for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services/Website;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to You;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
4. Third Party Services and websites
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
6. Controlling Access to your Data
6.1 Wherever You are required to submit Data, You will be given options to “opt in” to restrict Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s use of that Data for the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes by Digital Horizon-Silicon South;
- event and competitions run by Digital Horizon-Silicon South and its third party partners; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
6.2 You may change Your decision for use of Your Data by “unsubscribing” or asking for a “right to be removed” request. To unsubscribe from Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s marketing newsletter click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the page. To be removed from all Data collected by Digital Horizon-Silicon South please email [email protected] using the header “Right to be removed”.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
7.1 You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Website You may be required to submit Data.
8. Accessing Your Own Data
8.1 You may access Your account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update Your Data if Your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and You may change this at any time.
8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of Your personal Data stored by Digital Horizon-Silicon South by emailing [email protected] and on payment of a ten pound (£10) admin fee. Digital Horizon-Silicon South will provide the Data within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your written request.
9.1 Digital Horizon-Silicon South may set and access Cookies on Your Computer.
9.2 A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which asks permission from Your browser to be placed on Your Computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual and allow Digital Horizon-Silicon South to distinguish You from other users on our Website. The web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences and allows Digital Horizon-Silicon South to improve our Website.
9.3 Cookies Digital Horizon-Silicon South use:
- Digital Horizon-Silicon South uses Google Analytics Cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Digital Horizon-Silicon South analyse data about web page traffic (the number of visitors and how visitors move around our Website when they are using it) and improve our Website in order to tailor it to Your needs. Digital Horizon-Silicon South only uses this information for statistical analysis.
- Digital Horizon-Silicon South also use third party Cookies within Digital Horizon-Silicon South email campaigns, predominantly sent using third party email marketing tools, as well as Google Analytics. Cookies are used to monitor open rates and improve Your email experience and also for the tracking of website activity initiated from hyperlinks within email marketing campaigns.
9.4 Two (2) types of Cookies are used on Digital Horizon-Silicon South’s Website:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary Cookies, which only exist in the period You access the Website (or more strictly, until You close the browser after accessing the Website). Session Cookies help the Website remember what You chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding having to re-enter information; and
- Persistent Cookies. These are Cookies, which remain on Your Computer after You have visited our Website. These Cookies help Digital Horizon-Silicon South identify You as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number).
9.5 The length of time a Cookie will remain on Your device will depend on the type of Cookie. On our Website, these Cookies do not contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify You.
9.6 To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
9.7 You may delete/disable Your Cookies or manage Your Cookies preferences (Please see the link on how to disable Cookies http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11). If You do decide to disable or delete the Cookies altogether Digital Horizon-Silicon Souths Website will not work as well as it could as it relies on Cookies to provide You with the service You have requested.
9.8 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in Your web browser. By default, Your browser will accept Cookies; however, this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in Your browser and search for “cookies”.